Podcast: Episode 98: Sleep on a Plate
At Disruptive Nutrition we DO teach women how to eat… but that is NOT everything!
While nutrition is absolutely the FOUNDATION of everything, there is something ELSE that a lot of women we work with are struggling with, and it is something that is standing between them and their goals!
We are talking about SLEEP! Sleep is one of the 6 plates we need to be spinning in order to truly reach our goals. And since SO many women have been coming to us and telling us that sleep is a big issue for them, Carrie is going to talk all about the importance of sleep AND how you can start getting better sleep as another way to work toward your healthiest self!
In this episode, she discusses…
The 6 Plates
The Importance of Sleep
- Sleep’s impact on blood sugar
- Sleep’s impact on hormone regulation
- The Circadian Rhythm
- Energy & mood
- Create/regenerate tissues
- Absorb nutrients
- Increase/maintain muscle
- Decrease belly fat
- Better skin health
- Less risk of stroke/cardiovascular disease
- Lower risk of car accidents
- Stronger bones
- Lower risk of Alzheimers
- Less chronic pain
- Associated with mortality
- Only adds 30-40 mins of low quality sleep
Impact of Sleep Debt
- Increased risk of cancer
- Increased risk of metabolic diseases
- Reduction of glucose to your brain
- Increased cravings
- Blood sugar stabilization
- Get sunlight exposure in the AM and midday to bring up cortisol
- Get amber sunset light exposure PM to bring up melatonin
- Avoid screens at bedtime
- Timeblock your screen time
- Try to go to bed in the 10pm timeframe
- Black out your bedroom
- Exercise in the morning
Check out our FREE seminar mentioned in this episode!
Resources Mentioned in the Episode:
Are YOU ready to make a plan and get your 6 plates spinning and DECREASE your risk of the metabolic diseases that 9 out of 10 people are dying from? Then book yourself a FREE call with one of our coaches!
Learn more about making good nutrition a sustainable lifestyle by heading over to Facebook to interact with Carrie and her team! We answer questions, share timely and relevant information, and even share our grocery store finds! You can find us by going to www.facebook.com/groups/dietdisruptors!
Be sure to subscribe to this podcast to learn more as Carrie and her coaches continue to disrupt everything you THOUGHT you knew about nutrition!
Sponsor: Kyani: https://disruptivenutrition.kyani.com/us/