Episode 89: Turning Up the Heat!
In this episode Coach Carrie is joined by incredible internationally renowned nutrition and fitness expert, Dan Miller! Dan has done a few guest coaching calls in our membership group, but he is just TOO great not to have him on our podcast where he can talk to our larger audience!
Dan has multiple Master’s degrees, holds a former Guinness World Record for endurance, reads about a hundred books a year, and travels the world teaching executives health, nutrition, and longevity. He does about 120 speaking events a YEAR around the world… and today he is here to talk to YOU!
In this episode, Dan and Carrie are going to talk all about what is happening to our body’s that we do not realize while we are busy being too comfortable in our modern world… and how we can start turning up the HEAT to improve our health! They discuss…
Cell Growth and Turnover in the Body
- How our body’s regenerate
- Our ability to heal our body’s with the right inputs
- What happens when cells do not die on time
- What happens bodies and to our immune system when we have cellular senescence
The Problem with Modern Comforts
- Early human evolution vs our world today
- The week cells live longer than they should because of easy living
- Killing the week cells with food pressure
- Killing the week cells by getting “stupid hot” or really cold
What is Means to Turn up the Heat
- Get your body temperature up a couple degrees above normal for about half an hour
- It needs to be extraordinarily uncomfortable, but within your safety margins
- Do this as often as you can, up to once per day
How to get Your Body Temperature UP
- Hot yoga
- Do a workout outside in the heat
The Benefits of getting “Stupid Hot”
- This process increases cellular autophagy, which allows us to look and feel longer AND live longer with less inflammation and disease
- Sweating is the best way to detox heavy metals
- Heat will accelerate weight loss goals!
- Side effects are next to NONE other than weight loss!
- 50% reduction in cardiovascular desk
- 40% reduction in death from ANYTHING including cancer
- 65% reduction in the risk of alzheimers
- Sauna mimics the effects of exercise for those who can’t exercise
Check out some of the research Dan mentions in this episode by heading over to www.disruptivenutrition.com/heat
And find out more about Dan Miller and his mission at https://www.danmillerwellness.com/
You can learn more about making good nutrition a sustainable lifestyle by heading over to Facebook to interact with Carrie and her team! We answer questions, share timely and relevant information, and even share our grocery store finds! You can find us by going to www.facebook.com/groups/dietdisruptors! Be sure to subscribe to this podcast to learn more as Carrie and her coaches continue to disrupt everything you THOUGHT you knew about nutrition!
Sponsor: Kyani https://disruptivenutrition.com/shakes-and-supplements/