Episode 86: Are you ghosting yourself?
Recently, Coach Carrie learned all about the term “ghosting” and she realized that, while we all equate ghosting to dating or friendships gone wrong… the most dangerous ghosting of all is the one that so MANY of us are doing to our OWN bodies!
Whether you have been a serial dieter or not, there are TONS of signs that your body is sending you every single day about your health and longevity. But are you actually listening to those signs, or are you ghosting yourself by ignoring that communication?
This week Coach Carrie has some serious truth to lay down. You are going to want to grab a pen and paper, because she is going to ask you to evaluate your own health with a number of checklists!
It is time for you to really take a look at yourself and to truly listen to your body so that you can start making changes to rewrite YOUR story.
Carrie is URGENT for you, and wants you to start getting URGENT for yourself so that you can make those changes NOW that will serve you for all of your tomorrows.
In this episode, she discusses…
How we DIET our Way to Disease
- Our doctors have less than 10 hours of nutritional training
- We use the scale as a measure of progress and are so happy to see a certain number that we ignore certain signs that our body is actually not as healthy as it should be
- 9 out of 10 deaths are due to a metabolic disease
- The root cause of all metabolic disease is a lack of stable blood sugar
- These diets CAUSE continued weight gain, eventual loss of mobility, eventual loss of quality of life, depression, anxiety, chronic pain, and poor sleep quality
- 1 out of 2 people right now are prediabetic
- When you are diabetic, it is a jump start to SO many other diseases as well as an 80% chance of dementia
Dr Mark Hyman’s Risk Assessment Checklist
- Do you have a family history of diabetes, heart disease, or obesity?
- Do you have extra belly fat?
- Do you have cravings for sugar or refined carbs?
- Do you have trouble losing weight on diets as you age?
- Has your doctor told you that your blood sugar is a little high?
- Have you been diagnosed with insulin resistance/prediabetes?
- Do you have high levels of triglycerides?
- Do you have heart disease?
- Do you have high blood sugar?
- Are you inactive? Less than 30 minutes of exercise 4 times a week?
- Have you had gestational diabetes?
- Do you suffer from infertility, low sex drive, or sexual disfunction?
Toxicity in your System
- Toxins are stored in our inflammatory fat
- We NEED structural fat and fat in our muscles, but the inflammatory fat is only necessary to protect us from toxins and diets
- You will need to find ways to release those toxins in order to release that inflammatory fat
Signs of Toxicity in your Body
- Regular Nausea or vomiting
- Diarrhea and constipation
- Feeling bloated
- Burping and passing gas a lot
- Heartburn and stomach pain
- Ear infections, draining, or ringing
- Itchy, watery eyes
- Swollen or sticky eyelids
- Bags or dark circles under your eyes
- Fatigue, sluggishness, apathy
- Hyperactivity that ebbs and flows
- Sleep issues
- Mood swings
- Anxiety, fear, or nervousness
- Anger, irritability, or depression
- Headaches or brain fog
- Joint pain, stiffness, and limited movement
- Skin issues like acne or hives
- Hair loss
- Excessive sweating
- Poor concentration or confusion
- Excessive weight gain or quickly
- Difficulty breathing and congestion
- Chronic coughing
- Getting sick often
- Canker sores
Signs of Food Addiction
- We have lost our nutritional wisdom because of the infusion of salt, sugar, and unhealthy fats in our foods leading to food additions
- Are you eating foods because of cravings, even if you are not hungry?
- Do you WORRY that you will have to cut down on certain foods?
- Do you feel sluggish after eating?
- Do you have health issues that will require you to change habits, but you keep eating the same way in spite of that?
- Do you deal with negative feelings around what you eat, instead of living a healthy lifestyle? Instead of spending time with friends and family?
- Do you have anxiety/withdrawal when you cut out certain foods?
- Do you have issues related to food and eating that decreases your ability to function effectively? For example you obsessing around food or it impacts your ability to go out to eat?
- Do you ONLY like certain types of foods that are not good for you and feel like if you go somewhere with only healthy options, you won’t have anything to eat?
- Do you need more and more of the foods that you crave to experience any pleasure or to reduce negative emotions?
If you answered YES to any of those checklist questions, do not wait to book a call with one of our coaches so we can talk to you and help you figure out how you can turn your nutrition and your health around TODAY! It is time to listen to your body, come to its aide, and act with some URGENCY! https://training.disruptivenutrition.com/booknow?el=msg
Learn more about making good nutrition a sustainable lifestyle by heading over to Facebook to interact with Carrie and her team! We answer questions, share timely and relevant information, and even share our grocery store finds! You can find us by going to www.facebook.com/groups/dietdisruptors! Be sure to subscribe to this podcast to learn more as Carrie and her coaches continue to disrupt everything you THOUGHT you knew about nutrition!
Sponsor: 4 Weeks 2 Wellness: www.4w2w.com