Episode 82: Time Management
Have you ever gotten to the end of the day and wondered where the whole day went? If this sounds like you, you’re going to want to press play on this one!
Even though we are a nutrition based company, time management is a BIG part of what we teach through our programs at Disruptive Nutrition. This is because we know that if we teach women how to eat but do not dig into mindset and sustainability… they will not be successful in finding LONG TERM optimal health.
This week, Carrie is here to talk to you about an important piece of sustainability: time management. She is going to share how you can start better managing the time you have so you can actually get done all the things YOU actually want to do WITHOUT the added stress!
It is time to take control, spend more time with your family, and do whatever it is you LOVE! In this episode, Carrie will discuss…
- 6 Plates- nutrition, exercise, sleep, water, stress, and supplements
- Self Awareness
- A Strong Why
- Sustainability through habits, strong systems, and time management
Changing Your Thinking & Your Mindset
- “Progress is impossible without change, and those that cannot change their minds, cannot change ANYTHING.” - George Bernard Shaw
- Realize that EVERYONE has the same amount of time in the day
- What we prioritize, we MAKE time for
- Your why has to be bigger than your excuses
Time Management & Stress
- How we spend our hours, dictates how we spend our years
- If you don’t have a plan to get tasks done, they will not get accomplished
- Feeling like you have a lack of control over your time, this causes stress
- Chronic stress causes a constant rise in cortisol and a constant rise of insulin leading to long term impacts on your body
- It is not just about getting more done… but reducing the levels of STRESS
The Values Matrix
- Consider what is REALLY important to you (ie. friendship, fun, efficiency)
- Focus on spending your time on what DESERVES your time
- Observe what you are actually spending your time doing
- Brain dump all the things you are responsible for during the week and attach a time to each task
- Start subtracting the time of each task from the hours available in the day/week
- Observe what time you ACTUALLY have available that you may be wasting
- Plan out your IDEAL week
- Be aware of your phone as a distraction
Morning Time & Time Blocking
- Take a look at the day and plan/time block just for that day
- Check out our planner pad with FREE SHIPPING: https://disruptivenutrition.com/shop/
- Make sure to build in MARGIN!
- It is all about budgeting the time you do have!
- Try out the time block (Search TIME BLOCK on Amazon!) to have HARD stops
Reflecting at the End of the Day
- Take a look at what you accomplished
- Reevaluate items you do not get done
- Try using Google Tasks for items that you have not assigned a time to yet
Learn more about making good nutrition a sustainable lifestyle by heading over to Facebook to interact with Carrie and her team! We answer questions, share timely and relevant information, and even share our grocery store finds! You can find us by going to www.facebook.com/groups/dietdisruptors! Be sure to subscribe to this podcast to learn more as Carrie and her coaches continue to disrupt everything you THOUGHT you knew about nutrition!
Sponsor: 12 Week Trifecta Transformation: https://training.disruptivenutrition.com/survey-page