Episode 48: Enjoying Your Summer Celebrations While Still Crushing Goals!
With the world opening up, we are all going to LOTS of barbecues and lots of you have been asking us how to manage them without guilt and while still working towards our weight loss and health goals! Today Coach Carrie and Coach Deb are going to break it all down, WITH detailed recipes! AND stay ‘til the end for a special FREE chance to hop on a call with one of our coaches! They discuss…
The Summer Mindset
- Dieting BEFORE summer
- Letting everything go during summer
- The “Monday” I will start mindset
- Deciding to deal with it later, sets you up for a vicious cycle
The Key to BBQ Success
- Be INTENTIONAL and make a decision
- Will you go green light? You will eat clean and balanced and focus on the social aspect of the event!
- Will you go yellow light? You will be mindful of portions and indulge in a few items
- Will you go red light? You won’t worry about portions or eating clean, and you will enjoy yourself without guilt!
- When you build trust with your body through consistency, our body will respond to yellow and red light meals
- Just DON’T break your promises to yourself!
- If you go yellow/red, get right back on track 3 hours later!
BBQ/Summer Holiday Tips
- Eat within an hour of waking & every 3 hours
- Plan out your meals leading up to the BBQ
- Make sure that you are being intentional
- Do NOT save calories throughout the day
- Graze all throughout the event with little tiny meals
- Consider splitting a meal or eating half
- Balance clean crafted wine with lighter veggies: www.disruptivenutrition.com/wine
- Bring food to share:
- Consider bringing a protein option, a salad that is a complete meal, or a side dish
- Bring hummus, homemade guacamole, or Carrie’s Deviled Guacamole Eggs!
- Bring shrimp cocktail or a charcuterie board!
- Bring Carrie’s Salsa Recipe! Try regular, pineapple, or mango!
- Carris’s Pasta Salad Recipe
- Deb’s Pasta Salad Recipe
- Carrie’s Tomato & Fresh Mozzarella Recipe
Book your call here: https://training.disruptivenutrition.com/booknow?el=fb
Learn more about making good nutrition a sustainable lifestyle by heading over to Facebook to interact with Carrie and her team! We answer questions, share timely and relevant information, and even share our grocery store finds! You can find us by going to www.facebook.com/groups/dietdisruptors! Be sure to subscribe to this podcast to learn more as Carrie and her coaches continue to disrupt everything you THOUGHT you knew about nutrition!
Sponsor: 12 Week Trifecta Transformation: https://training.disruptivenutrition.com/free-training