Episode 46: How to Figure Out the PFC Balance in ANY Recipe
Ever wonder how to figure out the PFC balance in a recipe you want to try? On today’s episode, Coach Carrie will conduct a workshop to show you how to figure it out with some cool tools! She will discuss…
Dieting vs. Blood Sugar Stabilization
- How long have YOU been dieting?
- Dieting means deprivation and NO joy
- Dieting is ineffective!
- Dieting actually causes weight GAIN over time
- Think of weight gain as a symptom of health and hormones
- Blood sugar stabilization means we KNOW that food serves our body and our soul
- Blood sugar stabilization means we FUEL our bodies every 3 hours
- When your body likes what you do, it sings!
The 3 Ways to Fuel your Body
- Meal Replacements: Arbonne Protein Shakes or Aloha Protein Bars!
- Grab and Go Meals like hard boiled eggs and fruit!
- Recipes! The most satisfying but more time consuming: www.disruptivenutrition.com/recipes
Eating Healthy is IMPORTANT but NOT Enough
- Our bodies LOVES clean, healthy food
- Toxins keep our bodies from absorbing all the good in our food
- Toxic build up causes inflammation, fat storage, and more
- Eating correctly by balancing your protein, fat, and carbs keeps us from storing fat and allows us to build muscle
The Problem with Healthy Recipes
- The ingredients can be difficult to find
- They are often NOT balanced & can spike your blood sugar
- Spiked blood sugar means WEIGHT GAIN
- We can be sabotaging our goals!
- You are often not enjoying them WITH your family
How to Evaluate & Balance Recipes
- Look at the ingredients and try to locate the protein, fat, and carb
- Try for equal carb and protein
- Protein should be a palm sized amount
- Try for HALF the amount of fat as your protein
- Determine the PFC for each ingredient divided by servings and tweak/remove/swap ingredients as needed to get the right balance
- Use your labels!
- Evaluate and tweak individual ingredient portions online: www.nutritionix.com
Our recipe subscription is officially open! We only open it twice a year so grab it now before the doors close! www.disruptivenutrition.com/recipes
Learn more about making good nutrition a sustainable lifestyle by heading over to Facebook to interact with Carrie and her team! We answer questions, share timely and relevant information, and even share our grocery store finds! You can find us by going to www.facebook.com/groups/dietdisruptors! Be sure to subscribe to this podcast to learn more as Carrie and her coaches continue to disrupt everything you THOUGHT you knew about nutrition!
Sponsor: Disruptive Nutrition Recipe Subscription: www.disruptivenutrition.com/recipes