Episode 45: Happy Gut, Happy Life
Do you make a different meal for dinner than the rest of your family because you are on a diet or “watching what you eat?”
Believe it or not, you don’t have to (and probably shouldn’t!). On today’s episode of LIVE with Disruptive Nutrition Coach Carrie is going to help you see WHY eating a different meal than our kids is so problematic and HOW to eat as a family while STILL crushing your goals!! She discusses…
The Importance of your WHY
- Our behavior stems from our beliefs
- Massive behavior change can’t happen without a strong REASON for change
WHY we have been eating different dinners than our kids
- We believe our kids won’t eat what we have made
- We are giving our kids what they want and then making something for ourselves
- We are on a different food schedule than our kids
- We are on a diet!
WHY it is important to eat the SAME dinner as our kids!
- Kids will eat what they are USED to eating–what they are given on a regular basis
- We do not want to send our kids the WRONG message
- It becomes a chance to teach our children about healthy food and fueling their bodies and set them up for success in life
- Gifting our kids a healthy experience on a regular basis
The Litmus Test
- Ask yourself if your nutritional approach or diet is BASED IN SCIENCE
- Ask yourself if you can sustain it FOR LIFE
- Ask yourself if you would PUT YOUR KIDS ON IT
Tips for talking to kids about food!
- Recognize that EVERYTHING is a protein, fat, and carb
- ASK your kids where their PFC is!
- Share that food is not good or bad, but serves our bodies or serves our souls
- Share with your family the idea that we should have MORE food that serves our bodies than food that serves out souls
How to eat dinner together!
- Be intentional and set a time you and your family will eat
- Adjust your eating with half meals to ensure you can eat with your family
- Be intentional about what you will cook and plan ahead
- INVOLVE your kids! Make your family members responsible for dinners from 11+
- Use our balanced PFC recipes! Our subscription is opening again July 12th! And if you subscribe for the year… you will get the ENTIRE vault of recipes!!
Want to learn more about our recipe subscription that opens next week? Check it out here and get on the waitlist to grab some free healthy, PFC balanced family friendly meal ideas! www.disruptivenutrition.com/recipes
Learn more about making good nutrition a sustainable lifestyle by heading over to Facebook to interact with Carrie and her team! We answer questions, share timely and relevant information, and even share our grocery store finds! You can find us by going to www.facebook.com/groups/dietdisruptors! Be sure to subscribe to this podcast to learn more as Carrie and her coaches continue to disrupt everything you THOUGHT you knew about nutrition!
Sponsor: Disruptive Nutrition Recipe Subscription: www.disruptivenutrition.com/recipes