Episode 28: How Not to Diet
- Healthy AND correct
- Understanding that all foods are proteins, fats, and carbs
Blood Sugar Stabilization
- Blood sugar spikes give us energy
- High blood sugar means stored fat
- Stuffed feeling= stored fat
- Protein raises glucagon to stabilize blood sugar
- Fat helps keep us full and helps us absorb nutrients
- Mark McDonald’s Visual: http://venicenutrition.vnonlinesystem.com/images/v4-why-bloodsugar.png
Treats & The Discipline of Declining
- Understanding that you can’t eat WHATEVER you want all the time
- Practicing the discipline of declining
- Your body is more forgiving when you intentionally choose to treat yourself!
- Never feeling deprived
- Understanding your body and how food serves it and allowing that to be your guide
- Cravings can be psychological or physical, but you will not know which unless you are fueling your body properly
Special Offers and Resources!
- You could WIN a mini nutrition kit by answering our Tuesday Test questions on our free Facebook Group: The Diet Disruptors Squad!
- FREE Seminar starts 3/1 and registration is OPEN now! www.disruptyournutrition.com/seminar
Learn more about making good nutrition a sustainable lifestyle by heading over to Facebook to interact with Carrie and her team! We answer questions, share timely and relevant information, and even share our grocery store finds! You can find us by going to www.facebook.com/groups/dietdisruptors! Be sure to subscribe to this podcast to learn more as Carrie and her coaches continue to disrupt everything you THOUGHT you knew about nutrition!
Sponsor: Arbonne https://disruptivenutrition.com/arbonne/
The Trouble with FASTING
Carrie, you screwed me up! I can never just have an apple anymore!
Healthy vs Complete
It’s about fueling our body with food
Donuts & Cookie Dough= fat & carb
What is more correct? An apple? Or pizza with chicken?
It’s not like the Noom commercial talks about blood sugar stabilization EVER- Carrie
Fat is like when you have your first kid and your like, okay NOW we are a family
Synergy= things separate aren’t as good as they are together
Can’t just track macros without considering how those foods work together
You can’t store fat when your blood sugar is consistently stable
Blood sugar too high? Stored fat! Blood sugar too low? Slowed metabolism & muscle loss. We need to be in the MIDDLE!!
I didn’t know WHY I was doing what I was doing
I have clients who ask me, “I have a bagel with butter for breakfast… why is that such a bad thing?”
You haven’t tried all the diets… you have been doing the same thing over and over.
How freeing is it not to have to track EVERYTHING?
Once you understand this… it’s a no brainer.
How in the world can they be so thin? All they do is eat?
When your body is fueled correctly, you get to that hormonal balance.
Balancing our blood sugar is key. That’s how we don’t diet anymore.
It DOESN’T mean we can eat whatever we want. Life is a give and take. If you go to bed too late, you’re going to be tired in the morning.You have to give something to get something.
When you eat right regularly, your body is more forgiving. You become MORE like that teenage boy!
Not dieting is fueling your body in a way that it loves
If you can’t always eat healthy, you can almost always eat correct
When you understand that ice cream is a fat and a carb… you can let go of the guilt
Understanding and doing are different- 4w2w