Episode 25: The Truth About Dieting
This month starts a new theme of cutting through the confusion of all the misinformation out there and giving you the formula for success…for the long term! Carrie is solo today in this episode because she has A LOT to say! You can’t SEE it, but she is in her classic crisp white shirt and jeans… and you’ll learn just why this matters!
Challenging you with the questions of what diets have you tried (or are trying?) and WHY you think they have not worked, Carrie discusses…
Trends and Dieting
- All diets share one thing: restriction
- The diets that you have been on… they just keep resurfacing in new ways
- Keto is the new Atkins
- We keep getting inundated with misinformation that SEEMS right
The Litmus Test for Nutritional Approaches
- Is it based in science?
- Can you do it for the rest of your life?
- Would you put your kids on it?
Why Diets Fail
- Restriction MEANS we are keeping something our body needs: a macronutrient or calories
- Low fat means HIGH chemicals and sugars
- We need fat to cushion our organs, to make us feel fuller long, and to help us absorb nutrients from our foods
The Truth about Keto
- We NEED carbs for energy and blood sugar stabilization
- Keto weight loss is from water weight loss and physical reaction to your body NOT getting what it needs
- Keto messes with your hormones
- Check out the blog post on keto: http://disruptivenutrition.com/?s=keto
The Truth about Intermittent Fasting
- It is REALLY damaging to people with a poor relationship with food
- Reputable organizations will NEVER tell you to do intermittent fasting
- When we are awake, we NEED to be fueling our body
- The fast is WHILE you are sleeping
- When you are fasting, your blood sugar is consistently low, and tries to balance itself on its own by pulling nutrients from your muscles
- When you fast, your body will hold on to the food when you do eat it
- Your metabolism slows more and more over time
- Intermittent fasting messes with your hormones
- Check out the blog post on intermittent fasting: http://disruptivenutrition.com/?s=intermittent+fasting
The Truth about Veganism
- There is SO much misinformation about the benefits of cutting out animal products
- Animal-based protein gives us the 9 essential amino acids our body can’t make on it’s own
- It is MUCH harder to get all the 9 essential amino acids from plant-based protein
- Going totally vegan is going to restrict you not just emotionally but physically
- Going vegan is NOT a weight loss program
The Truth about Calorie-Restricting Diets
- Your body is not a checkbook!
- Who has time to track what you are eating all day?
- Eating 100 calories worth of oreo cookies versus an apple… is not the same
- Check out our blog post on metabolism: http://disruptivenutrition.com/?s=metabolism
A special offer!
- If you are interested in the LAST nutritional advice you will ever need, get on our waitlist for our next Lifestyle Launch and be one of the FIRST ones to get access: www.4w2w.com
Learn more about making good nutrition a sustainable lifestyle by heading over to Facebook to interact with Carrie and her team! We answer questions, share timely and relevant information, and even share our grocery store finds! You can find us by going to www.facebook.com/groups/dietdisruptors! Be sure to subscribe to this podcast to learn more as Carrie and her coaches continue to disrupt everything you THOUGHT you knew about nutrition!
Sponsor: The 12 Week Trifecta Transformation: https://training.disruptivenutrition.com/booking-calendar1609534177180
The diets that we have all tried…
- They all have one thing in common: restriction
We recognize the importance of blood sugar stabilization in overall health but also our weightloss goals
We have to fuel our body with the right fuels at the right times in the right portions… all day long
Our bodies will do things to accommodate… they TRY to save us, but can hurt us in the long term
Help you with the confusion